The holidays are here!

It's finally December and we can officially start celebrating the holidays like normal people, and not freakishly overzealous holiday people! Who am I kidding -- I've been using Eggnog flavored creamer, Sugar Cookie and Eggnog flavored teas (yes, teas. And they taste as weird as they sound), a gingerbread candle, and soaking up all the other holiday flavors (and hoarding pumpkin spice creamer) for weeks now. Above is the Bath and Body works candle I've been obsessed with for the past week or so. The peppermint scent (which I usually dislike) isn't strong at all and it smells more like an everlasting delicious mug of hot cocoa or a batch of chocolate cookies baking in the oven. Try it out, it's my new favorite holiday scent!

I'm a little sad that I'm going to be missing the traditions of Dec. 25 and NYE here at home this year, but I'm also excited to go back to China for winter break! It'll be the first time I've been back in two years (in winter nonetheless, we usually only go back in summer), and I'm looking forward to seeing my grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins & spouses again as I get older and prioritize them more each year. I also take it for granted that my entire family here (mom, dad, sister) can go too because there was a chance my dad wouldn't have been able to go back with us this year! My sister and I have gotten older and started living our own lives in the past few years which makes it increasingly hard to travel together as a family, so I'm still thankful we're still able to go back together this year (albeit all taking different flights, landing in Beijing on different dates, sigh). And also looking forward to doing nothing but eating, shopping, and getting pampered every day!

What else have I been up to? Trying to focus on school even though it's my least favorite topic -- cardiology. It's basically a repeat of last year now with all the drugs added in. Something about the heart just doesn't interest me as much as the other systems. Maybe it's the instructors, maybe it's the language they use (everything is a variation of increased/decreased contractility, inotropy, rate, force, volume, etc). Ooh, I just realized it all has to do with very physics oriented terms, and I hated physics! That's it! However, I did shadow a cardiologist today at the Asian American clinic we go to, and you can't deny that you're indispensable to your patients when you're a cardiologist.

I'll leave you with some pics we took over Thanksgiving break with my dad's new DSLR camera. He got hooked when he tried my uncle's and then decided to order one himself before Thanksgiving. After seeing the new James Bond flick and pregaming the big meal with our own mini-Thanksgiving lunch, we decided to take advantage of the unseasonably warm weather, dress up, make ourselves up, and do a photoshoot like our favorite bloggers! Enjoy.

 About 80% of the pictures were of my dog. But doesn't Charlie look so majestic here? Like he's on a Scottish moor? 








 Frolicking in the pine trees in our backyard, pretending we're in an AE ad. 

 "Pretend like you're emerging from the woods and see something scary!"

Comments

  1. Love the pictures - you and JJ and Charlie make for great models and the dSLR is absolutely gorgeous. All of my parents' photos are of Mochi, hehe.

    Sad to be missing you this Xmas and NYE too. Excited to hear about your adventures in the motherland!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts