Looking forward, looking back

As I enter my last year of residency (this is a scary thought), I've been hit with waves of nostalgia regarding my time in San Francisco, even though I have a year left here!

Last year, I lost half the friends I made intern year as they all moved onto bigger and better residencies all over the country. And this year, many of the friends I made as senior residents and chiefs are graduating, moving on to fellowships and new jobs, and half the new interns are leaving again. Not only am I going to miss them, I'm going to be one of the most senior residents in the hospital, having no more seniors to ask questions to because I'm going to be the senior. At the end of first year, I felt ready to be a second year (albeit scared to take on new responsibility) but this time, I don't want to be a third year, graduate, and leave! I feel like I am just getting used to living in San Francisco and know this is a limited, precious time in my life before I have to move away for fellowship. On the upside, I know I have one more year here and am planning plenty of trips and events to take advantage of living in SF. I have a good feeling it might be the best year yet!

For my birthday at the end of March, my roommates booked a photoshoot for me at some of my favorite locations in SF. I'm always asking them to take pictures of me so they figured I'd finally want a professional to take my photo and stop bugging them for photos. Well, I haven't stopped asking them to take my picture but I did love my photo shoot session! I know I'll look back on them for a long time as they capture the spirit of living here in San Francisco with them. Here are some of my favorites.






















Comments

Popular Posts